Sunday, February 14, 2010

Prayer

Sacrament Meeting was all about prayer today.
It was an excellent meeting. I felt it would be appropriate to post another lesson on Prayer. I have already posted a lesson on prayer on this blog. It is all about the language of prayer.
Click here if you want to go to it.

Locations For and Types of Prayer
Ask your family:
Where do we pray? Let everyone offer ideas of places to pray.

Ask the family to turn to Alma 34: 19-27 and read it aloud.
Where does Amulek tell us to pray? Give some suggestions such as "Could you pray in an elevator?" "Could you pray in the car?" Get the family to relate the scripture to our day.
How often does Amulek tell us to pray?
"We may pray to Him any time. No special equipment is needed. We don't even need to charge batteries or pay a monthly service fee." -Elder Russell M. Nelson, Ensign, May 2003, 7

Use the handout Here to teach the types of prayer. (I know that these puzzles are so simple I'm not sure if puzzle is the right term for them)

Give each member of the family one of the "puzzles" of the different types of prayer. As they put their puzzle together have them tell the family what type of prayer is being shown in the picture.

Take a moment to talk as a family about what is appropriate to occur during different prayers, and what is not.

Close with your testimony of what prayer means to you.


Okay, I also found this CUTE FHE about a Prayer Train on Sugardoodle. My son is SO into trains that I had to put a link to it! HAVE FUN! Prayer Train FHE by Melanie Day

1 comment:

  1. So last monday Payton gave your prayer lesson from last year. It was so nice to just let her look up what she wanted to teach on your blog labels side bar. I do NOT prepare lessons (only give minimal help) when it is not my turn and the kids sometimes don't know what they want to teach, so this has been a great resource. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete