Sunday, March 29, 2009

General Conference


I can't believe General Conference is only a week away! I love attempting to prepare my kids for this by doing a FHE lesson the week before conference. This year I used several resources. Sugardoodle, Deseret Book, and lds.org)


Opening Song: Follow the Prophet (pg. 110 Children's Songbook) We like to take a picture of President Monson and have the kids follow his picture around the room while they are singing.
Lesson: To begin the lesson I wrote the letters P-R-O-P-H-E-T on 7 different 3x5 cards. We laid them face down on the table and the kids were able to guess what letters were on the other sides of the papers. (My son only knows the letters T and G so he was excited to be able to guess one of the letters.)
As the letters were guessed I turned them over. When all the letters were over we discussed 1. What a prophet is, 2. Who the prophet is 3. What conference is.
Activity: We played "Prophet and Apostle Match" I printed the cards from this link. In previous years I have printed them twice, and just used the pictures.
Closing Song: Latter Day Prophets Pg. 134
Additional Ideas:
Conference Packets
2009 Ultimate Conference Packet (also from sugardoodle)
Conference Baskets
Baskets (check out the link on this blog for even more ideas)
Conference Bingo
Make your own Bingo Cards with this clipart

1 comment:

  1. I will add that www.lds.about.com has a ton of stuff also. Some things I got from our family home evening group needed to be updated and I found them there. I really like the Prophet and Apostle books. Anyway just another resource. Love your site!

    ReplyDelete