Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spinning Plates

<<>>




I feel terrible I didn't get this published till today. My Husband wrote out this lesson on Sunday after I begged him to. (being called to primary I missed the combined meeting with the Stake Presidency.) Then life got crazy on Monday and I didn't sit down and finish it up.

BUT in the true spirit of this lesson, I am not going to spend time feeling guilty about it, I am simply going to do it now. I have a FEW less plates going on at the moment than I did on Monday.

Lesson:


(Show the video...by clicking on the above picture)


In church today (4/26/09) the stake presidency spoke about simplifying our lives. The analogy was given about plate spinners. Our lives are like the plate spinners and the activities that take up our time are the plates.


Go through the family and discuss what each individual's plates are. Talk about which ones are "urgent" and which ones are "the most important." Examples: (Urgent) the test coming up tomorrow, or the book report that was due yesterday that they gave you an extra day on, (The Most Important) reading your scriptures, attending the temple.


The Urgent things have to get done. But sometimes they crowd out the things that are the most important.


Now discuss the things that can be cut out with the proper planning. We also discussed how we can share our plates with others lightening our load. My daughter came up with the idea that if we all pick up a little bit around the house Mommy has one less plate that she has to keep spinning. (I thought that was pretty cool that she came up with that with only a little bit of "direction" from Daddy)

Testify that Heavenly Father wants us to find joy in our lives, and as we take steps to simplify our lives we will be able to find that joy.

1 comment:

  1. Jana...I don't know why, but I forget to check this blog. Anyway, great job on all of it. Your children are so lucky to have you as parents and they probably don't even realize it.

    ReplyDelete